Blog Home | www.joyfulnoisekids.com | Mindful Moments Calendar | email: mindfulmomentsatjn@gmail.com

Monday, October 14, 2019

October week 1


The 4's class was first to try Rainbow Bubble Breathing...

  We take a big breath in for the large bubbles and a small breath for the little bubbles...


  We also read a couple pages in a book that Miss Elizabeth let me borrow called "ABC Mindful Me"



We talked about awareness and breathing. I described awareness as noticing things around you. What do you hear, see, smell, taste, and feel?  I told the class that I could see people sitting on mats and I  hear the soft music playing :-)

Next we took a few deep breaths and said our mantra of the month: I am loved


During owl pose Sadie made very soft hoo sounds...it was really nice :-)

During frog pose we tried to catch flies with our tongues...yum!

Lucy wanted to try butterfly pose with no hands!
I told the class that we had a couple new poses to try today.... This is the skier pose:-)


Time for downward dog pose  :-)



Blu and Ryan are doing really good cow poses :-)


The surfboard (or plank) pose uses lots of muscles    Nice work friends!


Time to rest in starfish pose





The threes class did really well with the rainbow bubble breathing!  They figured out that the big breaths are for big bubbles and little breaths for little bubbles.




 Next, we talked a little bit about mindfulness  :-)


 Breathe deep....



 Great mountain poses friends :-)   

 Frankie told me that his butterfly was going really fast!
 Great train pose Quinn and Zander   :-)
 Mooooooooooooo  its the cow pose!



 I love Lily's smile!


Toddler Time

First, we took our shoes off and found yoga mats :-)



Can you reach your arms up and stretch so  big?   Nice stretching Alex!

Can you pat, pat, pat, your mat?
Sophie can pat, pat, pat, her mat!
Nice train pose Ethan  :-)




So big!
Arms out like an airplane  :-)


Next, we tried stomping on our mats....they thought this was pretty funny :-)

Sophie was laughing so hard when I laid down on my tummy.  


Beckett laid down on his tummy and started patting the mat :-)



Ethan is trying it too!
Beckett tried some of the stomping too!


2's Room  :-)

We started with the rainbow bubble breathing....they did really well!


Jacob is really focused  :-)


Nice mountain pose Brady!




Time for downward dog pose
Way to go Lucas!
Abe thought it was funny when I said "Happy dogs wag their tails"
For owl pose we sit on our feet and slowly turn our heads from side to side 



Chugga chugga choo choo  it's the train pose!

I said "Can our train go even faster?"  Then I started moving my arms and chugging faster. Story thought this was super funny!




Next we tried the frog pose  :-)


Peter was checking to see if he was doing the pose right  :-)


I asked the friends if they wanted to try the "tricky tree pose"   

Leona was trying so hard to do the tree pose!  She looks really determined :-)


Time to rest in starfish pose  :-)

Well done!

Due to illness/staffing I did not go to the nursery this week