I decided to set the mats up in a circle for the 4's class. I told them I wanted to do this so it seemed a little more like large group time.
Before we tried any poses I walked the class through a breathing exercise. I told the class to think of someone they don't usually play with. Then I asked them to think of something really kind they could say to that person.
I gave them a couple examples of kind things to say to someone and a few of the kiddos had some ideas too :-)
We tried the arctic fox pose. I was encouraging them to really feel the stretch in their necks when they turned their heads form side to side
Nice work Isaac!
Lucy and Harper are practicing the musk ox pose.
Aiden and Marcus are trying it too :-)
Nice pose Sophia!
A few of the 4's told me that they were tired....I suggested we lay down and try some belly breathing :-)
Next we did the moose pose....
Quinn and Sawyer put on their moose antlers :-)
Aiden chose BIG moose antlers. Marcus choose little ones :-)
The class had a ton of energy. I decided to mix things up and try some different kind of movement.
I had the kiddos walk around while I played music. I told them they had to stop when the music stopped.
They thought this was pretty fun. Next we walked around the mats on our tip toes. I pointed out the impressions our toes make in the mats. :-)
We did some crawling, frog jumps, and even rolled from mat to mat.
It was a really great workout! Whew!
The 2's class started with a few big deep breaths
Jacob and Henry are really reaching!
Next we rounded our backs like the musk ox.....Story liked saying "musk ox"
Moose pose :-)
We are taking some "big moose breaths"
After that we curled up into our little lemming balls....Hendrik is checking to see if he is doing it right :-)
Story made herself really small :-)
Nice work Lilly!
I think Piper is at close to me as she can be...it was pretty cute :-)
Jacob is a lemming too!
I told the friends to lay down on their tummies and push up with their arms for the walrus pose.
Bodhi wanted to join me on my mat too :-)
Lyla is trying the pose too!
Hi Henry :-)
After that is was time for some polar bear walking.....nice job 2's!
Toddler Time
"Sooo Big" is usually a favorite in this room :-)
Hi Hope :-)
Adalind was really watching my feet :-)
Rowan is sitting on her feet :-)
Hope is swimming with us!
Rowan is working her arms and legs!
Lucas likes how the yoga mats feel!
Hey Anna!
Sophie usually likes to join me on my mat :-)
Swim Pema swim!
We ended up "swimming" for quite a while.....We also figured out how many toddlers can fit on 1 yoga mat :-)
Anna is reaching up high!
I think their favorite part is getting the mats out and putting them away.....They are so helpful!
Thanks Toddlers!
*Unfortunately I was unable to do yoga with the 3's and nursery this week
*Unfortunately I was unable to do yoga with the 3's and nursery this week