We began by practicing some Conscious Discipline Breathing Techniques. I have a soft sided cube with these icons on it. I tossed it in the air a few times to determine which one we would practice next. One of the favorite's is the balloon!
The 3's class did an excellent job belly breathing with their breathing stars!
We read "Thank You, World" and practiced some poses along with it :-)
Great flower poses Jude and Scarlett!
This was the rain pose...it's a great stretch for the back of your legs and your back!
Tree pose!
The is our kite pose. I told the friends to wave at the sky!
The friends did a nice job balancing with the bird pose!
Reach up high for sun and sky pose :-)
I do balloon breathing a little different than the conscious discipline directions. I like to end with a big "Pop!"
The 4's class is using the breathing stars to belly breathe. They look so relaxed.
Roman was really concentrating on doing the flower pose correctly!
Nice job friends...it is a little tricky to balance like that :-)
This is the rain pose. We started with our hands raised overhead and then we made a "shhhhhhhhh" sound and we folded forward to the ground.
Look at the 4's "forest" Tree pose is always a favorite :-)
Wow! I'm impressed. Look at these "balancing birds"
Doing a great job listening to the book. :-)
We are practicing drain breathing. The class had fun scrunching their faces up as we took a deep breath.
I modified the pretzel breathing a little bit. I showed the class how to cross their legs and then told them to give themselves a big hug!
Thanks for the hug Georgia!
The Toddler's got to play with mats in the rec room this week :-)
Parker is patting her mat!
Eli is on my mat :-)
Parker is on my mat with me :-)
Hey Payton!
Mikey and Parker are both laying on a mat! Kingston is using his like a blanket :-)
Kylie is patting her mat :-)
Payton is patting my mat and finding her toes!
Mikey found his toes too :-)
The 2's Class started by STAR breathing :-)
Iris is giving herself a big hug. (our modified version of the pretzel breathing)
Joey and Miss Susan are doing drain breathing!
Ellie and Kavan are stomping like elephants!
"Waddle like a penguin!"
Can you swim like a fish?
Aurora is swinging her arms like a monkey!
Nice "monkey arms" Bennett!
Joey is pretending to be a monkey!
Great bear crawling friends!