Blog Home | www.joyfulnoisekids.com | Mindful Moments Calendar | email: mindfulmomentsatjn@gmail.com

Friday, November 15, 2019

November Fun

The Toddlers :-)

The toddlers tried yoga in the chapel!

I was showing them how to belly breathe
Beckett has an orange breathing star!



We tried marching on our mats  :-)

I read the toddlers a book called "Belly Breathe"    


We also tried breathing with our stars on our heads....this was pretty funny!




Ethan's favorite...."Soo big!"
We put our arms out and pretended to fly like an airplane :-)


Fours Class  
*I didn't realize that the camera was on a  weird setting so I apologize for how blurry the pictures are
 I read a book about belly breathing.   

To practice, I asked everyone to lay on their backs and put a little breathing star on their tummy.
As we took slow deep breaths in and out we were able to see the stars go up and down  :-)


 Next we tried balancing our stars on our heads as we said our "Mantra of the month: I am Happy"


Next we started our Grateful Giraffe yoga     
For giraffe pose we stretched our arms above our heads and pretended to eat leaves. I was promoting some side stretching by asking the "giraffes" if they could lean over and reach the leaves on some other trees :-)
 Next was the flamingo pose.  A few of the kids realized this is the same as the tree pose.




 We practiced the koala pose, frog pose, crocodile pose, and snake pose but the pictures were way to blurry to post 


Here we are resting after the great workout

Addie said the music sounded like horses  :-)


 I was encouraging them to listen to the music and relax


Like always we ended our time together by sitting up, taking a few deep breaths and saying "namaste"


2's Room


 They listened to the book about belly breathing really well!




Then we took a few minutes to practice.  I told the class to lay on their backs and see if they can make the star go up and down   :-)


Then we started our "Grateful Giraffe" yoga book
Good stretching friends!



 Next was elephant pose. We put our hands together and pretended it was our trunk. Then we pretended to drink water using our trunks  :-)





Next was downward dog pose....



Greta and Story are doing the horse pose....It's just like downward dog, but with 1 leg off the ground
Next we took some deep breaths and "spread our peacock feathers"    Piper really liked this one!



"Namaste"


Infants :-)
Anna and Caroline are checking out the Belly Breathe book. 

Leah is doing "soo big"
Caroline's turn :-)
Bennett's turn!
Anna's turn :-)



Tummy time is so good for muscle development!

Can you find your toes?

Anna really liked the breathing stars..She collected a few of them and carried them around the room!







Lucas woke up...He is trying a few wake up stretches....still looks a little sleepy :-)


There she goes with a purple star!
Lucas liked holding the breathing stars :-)


Miss Becky and Miss Angle were putting the stars on their heads...there were a few giggles!

Lucas wanted to try it to!


Threes Room
This was actually the 3's second yoga class of the week...The camera was on a really bright setting during their 1st class..I asked the 3's if we could re do yoga...They were giving me "Thumbs up!"

Stretch up like a giraffe!
 I was encouraging the class to stretch their sides too :-)
 Nice flamingo pose Kate!
 I love that Isaac has his little "flamingo wings" out...and Abe realized that if the holds onto the shelf he won't tip over!  Good thinking :-)
 Brianna is really concentrating  :-)
 This is the koala pose.  The mommy koala likes to hug her babies so tight. I told the class to give themselves a great big hug and then rock back and forth a little....Zander wanted to make the pose a little harder by standing on 1 leg  :-)
 Drew is trying downward dog :-)   Miss Kelly and I reminded her to keep her head off the mat to stay safe :-)

 Quin is trying the frog pose...nice job!

 Great crocodile pose Brianna!  Frankie must have been a sleepy crocodile  :-)

 Finally we rested in sloth pose  :-)