The Fours Class is ready to practice some belly breathing!
They remember how to belly breathe :-)
Harper and Sawyer are balancing the stars on their feet! Cool trick you two!
Chloe, Campbell and Remington are trying the star on the foot trick too :-)
Next we stood up and spread our arms and legs for star pose. Miss Kim is trying it with us!
Harper said "Miss Kellie I am bending all the way back!"
Christmas tree pose.....Sophia makes a very cute tree!
Next we curled up in a little ball and pretended to be presents under the tree. Sadie had the idea to put her hand on her back like a bow. Everyone else thought it was a good idea as well :-)
Shhhhhh...the "tip toeing elves" are sneaking around!
Next I showed the class a picture of a sled. I told them we are going to try to make a sled shape with our bodies. This is a really good stretch for your ab muscles!
This is Santa's sleigh pose. I told the friends to pretend they are holding all the presents on their belly!
Ryan said "Miss Kellie I am putting sides on mine so the presents do not get out!" What a neat idea Ryan!
We tried the twisty candy cane pose....Sadie was really twisting!
Next we practiced pulling wrapping paper off presents..."Pull! Pull! Pull!"
Lucy looks like she will have lots of power behind her swing!
Reindeer pose!
We finished with a little penguin waddling :-)
2's Class
Stretch out like a star!
Next we pretended to be Christmas trees. We put our hands together above our heads and pretended it was a star. :-)
"Waddle waddle waddle"...here come the 2's penguins!
They had lots of fun pretending to rip wrapping paper off a present (I had fun too!)
Story and Piper were really getting into it!
Next we took a couple deep breaths and pretended our hands were falling snow...Peter is really stretching back :-)
Greta and Bodhi had fun with the Santa's sleigh pose :-)
Tip toe, tip toe, shhhhhhhh.... Here come a few sneaky little elves :-)
We finished with a little belly breathing :-)
3's Friends!
Stretch like star! I told the friends to pretend they are a star on top of a Christmas tree or maybe a star shining in the sky :-)
Nice candy cane twisting friends! I told the class that this is a nice stretch for their side muscles :-)
The 3's have been practicing zoo phonics. I told them to try the "Pee wee Penguin moves" :-)
Next I showed them how to start Santa's sleigh pose. I told them this is a great way to work your tummy muscles :-)
Great ab workout friends!
Next we tried the sled pose....Great form Quinn!
Isaac is definitely living up to his shirt in this picture :-)
Next we practiced the snow pose and reindeer pose...We took a few deep breaths during these poses too :-)
Shhhhhhh Here come the sneaky elves :-)
We tip toed around on our mats....shhhhhh :-)
They had lots of fun helping me "open presents"
We finished with some belly breathing :-)
Toddlers
We like to start by patting our mats. I like to say "can you pat, pat, pat, your mat?"
Next I asked if anyone can find their toes... :-)
Next we tried star pose... Nice work Miss Amanda :-)
Next we tried the reindeer pose
We twisted like candy canes next. Twist, twist, twist!
The toddlers "helped me open presents" too.....Sophie always loves to join me on my mat :-)
Hey Beckett!
The breathing stars are fun to play with :-)
Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the nursery this week ....will try again next week :-)